Cycling, Hiking and Kayaking Activities with Cabot Trail Adventures, Whale Watching with Oshan Whale Watch, a self guided kit for exploring the area, and optional great local accommodation. Prices are per person, with or without accommodations (based on a double occupancy). Please visit www.northerncapebreton.com for more options on places to stay or ask us for our fav recommendations.
Bike the Cabot Trail's best, then Hike and Kayak
Three cycling day tours, shuttled where necessary, on the best of the Cabot Trail, plus guided hiking and kayaking day tours and five nights shoreline cottage accommodation.
Base yourself in comfort on the northern coast of Cape Breton Island and bike the best routes in the Highlands National Park and the Cabot Trail. Spend three days cycling to quaint fishing communities, with lighthouse ice cream stores and rocky coastlines. Tackle one of several stunning climbs. Let our guides help you choose the best routes for the day, with expert advice on how to get the most out of the Cape Breton weather. Rentals, shuttles and all necessary equipment included.
Take a full day guided hike to the former site of one of Canada’s earliest lighthouses. The route follows old roads and trails constructed by early highlands settlers. Whales, seals, moose and eagle sighting are common. Visit the foundations and hear the stories of the people who lived in this majestic wilderness. Explore the wild coastal meadows with Cabot Trail Adventures.
Take our half day guided sea kayak tour. The tour explores a pristine saltwater marsh and barrier beach. Learn about the endangered Piping Plover and how to share the beach with them. Mid tour there is a picnic of oatcakes and tea, complete with local shipwreck stories and legends. Paddle through Northern Cape Breton's magnificent environment.
Experience the beauty of the highlands by boat, take a whale watching tour with Oshan Whale Tours, from beautiful Bay St Lawrence. This family has been fishing the water here for generations, and will share their knowledge with you.
Included in this Package;
• Three self-guided cycling day trips on the northern half of the Cabot Trail. Rental bikes and all necessary equipment, maps and one-way shuttle across the island one day
• Guided half day kayak tour
• Guided all day Coastal Hiking Tour
- Whale Watch Tour with Oshan Whale Tours
• A local's know guide with maps and advice for self-guided exploration, finding best beaches, moose hangouts, local seafood options and great photo ops
- Five nights at our airbnb Cottage by the Sea in Cape North ($165/night for one-four people)
- Cost of the Bike the Best of the Cabot Trail activities package is $440 per person plus tax
- Cost of activities package with 5 nights accommodation $850 per person plus taxes/fees
Hike, Kayak and Bike
The Best of Cape Breton
Three days of outdoor activity at the northern tip of Cape Breton Island combined with four nights ocean view cottage
• Take our guided day sea kayak tour. The tour explores a pristine saltwater marsh and barrier beach. Learn about the endangered Piping Plover and how to share the beach with them. Mid tour there is a picnic of oatcakes and tea, complete with local shipwreck stories and legends. Paddle through Northern Cape Breton's magnificent environment with Cabot Tail Adventures.
• The Atlantic Fisheries Cycling Tour combines easy level touring along harbours and ocean with our guides’ on-going explanation of the various aspects of the Atlantic fishery. From lobster to cod, mussels to oysters, fishing techniques and gear are explained as we cycle along beaches and quaint fishing harbours, watching the local fleet. The tour will take breaks to check out the different types of lobster and crab traps, and learn about how they work. There will be a stop at the St Paul Island Lighthouse museum-where we get to climb the stairs up the original light.
Included in this package
Discover the Wild Cabot Trail Adventures: Kayak and Hike
Spend a couple days exploring the best of Cape Breton Highlands. Experience pristine saltwater by sea kayak and hike a windswept mountain top ridge, lay on sandy beaches and visit fantastic National Park Waterfalls
All our tours focus on the natural and cultural history of this area. Let us take you on an exploration of the isolated wilderness of northern Cape Breton.
Included in this Package